Staff Software Engineer – Semiconductor Equipment
At Multibeam Corporation, we innovate technology that will shape the future of microelectronics. Now is a critical time — we are launching a product that could impact everything from the next generation IoT (internet of things) to the security of your smartphone.
We believe the key to our success will be our people. Our best employees love what they do and bring unique backgrounds to our fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. We are managed by some of the brightest in Silicon Valley, including Dr. David K. Lam, founder and prior CEO of Lam Research (>$80 billion market cap). We’re looking to expand our team with like-minded individuals who want to grow with us. Most importantly, we want you to be passionate, have fun, and uphold our team values of mutual respect, integrity, as well as collaboration.
As a member of the software team at Multibeam you will be responsible for creating software that enables customers to maximize the capabilities and productivity of Multibeam’s electron-beam lithography systems.
This role requires demonstrated hardware device integration experience utilizing a variety of interface technologies. The position requires a minimum of 4+ years’ experience with .NET technologies, the C# programming language (with WPF/MVVM experience), multi-threaded architectures and both unit and integration level testing. Experience with lower-level programming languages such as C++
This position is based at our headquarters in Santa Clara, California.
FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Software design, development and systems integration and support for semiconductor manufacturing equipment and related components
- Software development in any or all relevant areas including user interface, factory interface(s), supervisory system, process control, control system integration, data management and manufacturing equipment automation
- Challenging customer and product driven expectations that are continuously evolving, requiring appropriate architecture, technology and change management strategies
- Systems engineering approach to identifying and implementing equipment automation, monitoring and control solutions
- Technical leadership, assist and support software team members
- Work with internal and external customers to identify and deliver improvements, new features and custom solutions
- Troubleshoot hardware and software integration and related issues
- Identify and document requirements, specifications and standards
- Demonstrate attention to detail and personal initiative on assignments; ensure objectives are met
- Position may include limited travel to customer sites
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in semiconductor equipment industry (or a similar capital equipment automation industry) is highly desired
- Graphical user-interface design and development experience
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills at application and systems level
- Well organized and skilled with time management
- Highly motivated to help the team and the company meet objectives
- Desired: Semiconductor industry experience; knowledge of motion control subsystems; experience with source control and versioning systems (e.g. Git, TFS, Azure DevOps, GitHub)
- Experience with configuration and customization of Cimetrix CIMControlFramework solutions is desired
- Experience with semiconductor industry standards is desired
EDUCATION and TRAINING
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science (CS), software, electrical engineering (EE), or a related field; or substantial (> 5 years) prior experience in a related role
|Payment||$150,000 to $190,000 Annually|
|Benefits||401k, dental, medical, vision,|